Zuckerberg Island Heritage Park

Alexander Zuckerberg came to the Castlegar area in 1931 and settled on the island, building several structures including the Chapel House.

The Chapel house has been restored and there are several other features on the Island, including a reproduction of a Sinixit or Lakes people Pit House (Kekuli) and a Hiroshima memorial garden, as well as several walking paths.

The Island is linked to the mainland by a suspension foot bridge.

Address / Contact Info

901 7th Avenue Castlegar, BCV1N 3J9
Mailing address:
Castlegar & District Heritage Society
400 13th Avenue
Castlegar, BC
V1N 1G2
Note: 7th Avenue address is the starting point for the bridge to the Island

Phone Numbers

Heritage Society : (250) 365-6440
Fax: (250) 304-0062

Hours of Operation

Heritage Society: Wed to Sun: 12 noon - 5pm

Web Links

Areas Served

Sub-Regions ServedCastlegar Area

Connect on Social Media

Location Map

This program was last updated on: 24 Jul 2022.